Ensuring proper crust-to-center ratio
1/2 cup butter
1 cup chocolate
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1/2 cup flour*
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp salt
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Grease an 8" inch baking pan.
3. Melt butter & chocolate over double boiler.** Remove from heat.
4. Add sugar,*** mix.
5. Add eggs, mixing in individually
6. Add cocoa powder, flour, and salt; mix.
7. Add vanilla, mix.
8. Pour mixture into greased baking pan.
9. Bake until it passes the toothpick test, ~35-40 minutes.
*Any flour. Gluten-Free varieties make the recipe gluten-free—because that needed to be said.
**That thing where you awkwardly place a glass bowl over a saucepan of hot water and cuss as you forget to use a hot pad when grabbing the bowl as you stir. Yeah, do that.
***No, this isn't keto. Go eat pork rinds and sugar alcohols.